Previously known as The Dean’s List, Alex Mendoza and Sonny Shotz have transformed from straight-A students into rebels against the crown since last we saw them. ‘94, the duo’s first feature as Kings Dead, features a harder-edged sound to match their freshly-minted moniker. Over Mendoza’s aggressive percussion and eerie choral synths, Shotz lets us know exactly how high his sights are set, boldly comparing himself to the Ready to Die-era Biggie Smalls. Rand Rosenberg directs official visuals. These Boston buzzmakers have ambition to burn, but have they got the skills to become hip-hop royalty? We’ll get a better idea come May 28, when their Revenge of the Beast LP drops digitally.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.