Previously known as The Dean’s List, Alex Mendoza and Sonny Shotz have transformed from straight-A students into rebels against the crown since last we saw them. ‘94, the duo’s first feature as Kings Dead, features a harder-edged sound to match their freshly-minted moniker. Over Mendoza’s aggressive percussion and eerie choral synths, Shotz lets us know exactly how high his sights are set, boldly comparing himself to the Ready to Die-era Biggie Smalls. Rand Rosenberg directs official visuals. These Boston buzzmakers have ambition to burn, but have they got the skills to become hip-hop royalty? We’ll get a better idea come May 28, when their Revenge of the Beast LP drops digitally.
Written by richard on 04/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.