With the Outkast member back in the spotlight thanks to stellar solo debut Sir Lucious Left Foot, the title of DMV rapper (and exclusive freestyle series alum) Kingpen Slim‘s latest feature is bound to bring Big Boi‘s ‘03 chart-topper to mind. And if you weren’t thinking about it before, you are now. Regardless, this The Way You Move (making its world premiere in the Booth!) is an entirely different track, based around an entirely different sample, featuring entirely different collaborators – and it’s pretty damn dope in its own right. Here Team Demo cook up a soulful, brass-laced backdrop for loosely relationship-themed bars from the headliner and a few talented cohorts: D.C. neighbors Wale and Phil Adé sound right at home here, lacing the record with energetic but laid-back braggadocio, and Philly-by-way-of-ATL representative STS adds a little contrast to the track, lacing his portion with some reedier, Southern-influenced flows. Craving more fresh tunes from this DMV buzzmaker? You won’t have to wait long – Kingpen’s latest mixtape, The Beam Up 2: So Cinematic, hits the net on August 30.
Written by richard on 07/8/10
Beam Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make 'Em Envy" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.