Unless you have a fully functional crystal ball or you happen to be Marty McFly, there is no way to tell what The Future will look like. Though it is just conjecture, King Reign gives a pretty detailed (not to mention plausible) explanation of what he thinks the world will look like years from now on his latest single. Atop the The Rezza Brothers’ poignant beat, which is driven by a smooth, swooning piano section, Reign’s deep, pronounced flow does the heavy lifting. His approach is engaging, but his lyrics are even more gripping. In his verses, he predicts (among other things) that technological advances will enable you to enjoy holographic concerts right in your living room. This compelling cut is part of Reign’s Reign Music Vol. 2 EP, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.