What do you get when you combine Ving Rhames, Dexter Morgan, MacGyver, Walter White, and then some? King Reign. The deadliest thing about the Toronto emcee is that he’s seen enough and done enough that he can adapt with the game to earn his ends-stealth, health, and wealth. And he does his own Promo. King Reign spells it out nice and slow with familiar pop culture references over what could easily be a creatively chopped up beat from Zelda by producer Gameboy. If this is what he sounds like when he’s calm and collected, I can’t imagine what he’s like when he’s angry. There is no word on where Promo will end up so be sure to check out his last Booth feature with Killer to hear more from the determined King.
Written by Bryan H on 05/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.