What do you get when you combine Ving Rhames, Dexter Morgan, MacGyver, Walter White, and then some? King Reign. The deadliest thing about the Toronto emcee is that he’s seen enough and done enough that he can adapt with the game to earn his ends-stealth, health, and wealth. And he does his own Promo. King Reign spells it out nice and slow with familiar pop culture references over what could easily be a creatively chopped up beat from Zelda by producer Gameboy. If this is what he sounds like when he’s calm and collected, I can’t imagine what he’s like when he’s angry. There is no word on where Promo will end up so be sure to check out his last Booth feature with Killer to hear more from the determined King.
Written by Bryan H on 05/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.