What do you get when you combine Ving Rhames, Dexter Morgan, MacGyver, Walter White, and then some? King Reign. The deadliest thing about the Toronto emcee is that he’s seen enough and done enough that he can adapt with the game to earn his ends-stealth, health, and wealth. And he does his own Promo. King Reign spells it out nice and slow with familiar pop culture references over what could easily be a creatively chopped up beat from Zelda by producer Gameboy. If this is what he sounds like when he’s calm and collected, I can’t imagine what he’s like when he’s angry. There is no word on where Promo will end up so be sure to check out his last Booth feature with Killer to hear more from the determined King.
Written by Bryan H on 05/4/14
Toronto hip-hop fanatics are likely already acquainted with local emcee King Reign, whether through his work in Juno-nominated crew BrassMunk or his collaborations with the likes of Drake and Saukrates. The rapper insists,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.