What do you get when you combine Ving Rhames, Dexter Morgan, MacGyver, Walter White, and then some? King Reign. The deadliest thing about the Toronto emcee is that he’s seen enough and done enough that he can adapt with the game to earn his ends-stealth, health, and wealth. And he does his own Promo. King Reign spells it out nice and slow with familiar pop culture references over what could easily be a creatively chopped up beat from Zelda by producer Gameboy. If this is what he sounds like when he’s calm and collected, I can’t imagine what he’s like when he’s angry. There is no word on where Promo will end up so be sure to check out his last Booth feature with Killer to hear more from the determined King.
Written by Bryan H on 05/4/14
Toronto hip-hop fanatics are likely already acquainted with local emcee King Reign, whether through his work in Juno-nominated crew BrassMunk or his collaborations with the likes of Drake and Saukrates. The rapper insists,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)