How about that Canada, eh? As a lover of all things from The Land Above, I feel blessed to introduce King Reign, a member of Maple Nation (and a damn good artist, from the evidence we’re hearing today). For his debut Booth feature, Reign delivers Money, a fast-paced track about the universal desire for greenbacks and the wonderful things you can do with a handful of it: “I need it like a liquor store/ need it alcoholic-like, men need wars.” Backed with one of the better productions from Boi-1da I’ve heard in a minute, and that’s really saying something, the lyrically solid King is accompanied by equally impressive features from two other members of our border country, Saukrates and Kardinal Offishall, whose illustrious DJBooth resume speaks for itself. If you liked this fresh breath of Canadian air, be sure to keep a lookout for the drop on his latest cleverly-titled project, Reign Music (Vol. 2), which is currently awaiting an official release date.
Written by Sigurd on 07/6/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.