Every emcee would love to be known as a beat murderer. While it is a good reputation to have in hip-hop, in the real world, too many people are labeled Killers based on judgements that are only skin deep. On this powerful cut, King Reign confronts stereotyping and how it has affected him and so many others (of any minority) that have been marginalized by the political, judicial, and social systems—Trayvon Martin, for one. Though he speaks on some pretty heavy issues, King manages to not get preachy and keeps you invested. His raspy, unique flow blends well with Gameboy‘s dripping beat (featuring cuts by DJ Grouch). You can enjoy it, and still feel like you gained something by listening. For more substantial, thought-provoking hip-hop, check out King’s upcoming album, Sincere.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.