King Reign‘s last feature, Promo, offered listeners a hint of what the Toronto emcee can accomplish when he goes all-out on the lyrical tip. On freshly-minted follow-up Chemical Romance, he anchors his razor-sharp pen game to a more concrete concept, and the results are equally impressive. Over the atmospherically understated production of Agile, Reign takes a page from Slick Rick‘s book, spinning a tragic ‘hood narrative starring a prostitute and her pimp. As if that weren’t enough, he ties the track together with a smooth, sung hook. Chemical Romance will be a part of Reign’s forthcoming album, Sincere, due out July 14.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
Toronto hip-hop fanatics are likely already acquainted with local emcee King Reign, whether through his work in Juno-nominated crew BrassMunk or his collaborations with the likes of Drake and Saukrates. The rapper insists,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)