King Reign‘s last feature, Promo, offered listeners a hint of what the Toronto emcee can accomplish when he goes all-out on the lyrical tip. On freshly-minted follow-up Chemical Romance, he anchors his razor-sharp pen game to a more concrete concept, and the results are equally impressive. Over the atmospherically understated production of Agile, Reign takes a page from Slick Rick‘s book, spinning a tragic ‘hood narrative starring a prostitute and her pimp. As if that weren’t enough, he ties the track together with a smooth, sung hook. Chemical Romance will be a part of Reign’s forthcoming album, Sincere, due out July 14.
Written by richard on 07/3/14
Toronto hip-hop fanatics are likely already acquainted with local emcee King Reign, whether through his work in Juno-nominated crew BrassMunk or his collaborations with the likes of Drake and Saukrates. The rapper insists,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.