Jonathan Rivera, also known as King Phaze, may have been born in the rough and tumble Boogie Down, Bronx, but the 25-year-old Yonkers rookie has citywide connections. On Yonkers Anthem, Rivera links up with a few neighboring stars to celebrate the place he calls home. Featuring two-thirds of The Lox, as well as DMX, this street smash with a Linkin Park Collision Course edge courtesy of producer Divine Bars is a fitting tribute to the Y.O. In an attempt to give Phaze a major co-sign, however, the vets steal the show, particularly DMX, who wears his heart upon his sleeve as he mulls over his current legal issues. King Phaze’s first single proves him an up-and-coming talent with star potential.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/2/08
Submit your Rating
Diamond Krownz Ent. (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.