Jonathan Rivera, also known as King Phaze, may have been born in the rough and tumble Boogie Down, Bronx, but the 25-year-old Yonkers rookie has citywide connections. On Yonkers Anthem, Rivera links up with a few neighboring stars to celebrate the place he calls home. Featuring two-thirds of The Lox, as well as DMX, this street smash with a Linkin Park Collision Course edge courtesy of producer Divine Bars is a fitting tribute to the Y.O. In an attempt to give Phaze a major co-sign, however, the vets steal the show, particularly DMX, who wears his heart upon his sleeve as he mulls over his current legal issues. King Phaze’s first single proves him an up-and-coming talent with star potential.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/2/08
Submit your Rating
Diamond Krownz Ent. (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.