Jonathan Rivera, also known as King Phaze, may have been born in the rough and tumble Boogie Down, Bronx, but the 25-year-old Yonkers rookie has citywide connections. On Yonkers Anthem, Rivera links up with a few neighboring stars to celebrate the place he calls home. Featuring two-thirds of The Lox, as well as DMX, this street smash with a Linkin Park Collision Course edge courtesy of producer Divine Bars is a fitting tribute to the Y.O. In an attempt to give Phaze a major co-sign, however, the vets steal the show, particularly DMX, who wears his heart upon his sleeve as he mulls over his current legal issues. King Phaze’s first single proves him an up-and-coming talent with star potential.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/2/08
Diamond Krownz Ent. (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.