If it feels like just last week that up-and-coming emcee King Mez introduced himself to the Booth with reader-acclaimed cut Winter – as a matter of fact, that was just last week – but it’s already come time for the North Carolina native to say “So Long.” Ah, parting is such sweet sorrow. OK, ok, Mez isn’t actually going anywhere; on the contrary, he’s back on our front page with an exclusive world premiere off his and beatsmith Commissioner Gordon‘s forthcoming mixtape. Here, Gordon serves up what I’m going to go ahead and say is the first Rocky Horror Picture Show sample in DJBooth.net history (from I’m Going Home, if you’re wondering), as the headliner recounts a failing relationship’s inevitable end. Kooley High members and fellow Tar Heel State natives Tab One and Charlie Smarts provide moral support on the guest tip, each giving his own take on the difficulty of walking out the door. For more disarmingly dope tracks from Mez and Gordon, grab a copy of Paraplegics (due out in March ) as soon as it drops – which is to say, you better get a leg up on it now.
Written by richard on 02/10/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.