If it feels like just last week that up-and-coming emcee King Mez introduced himself to the Booth with reader-acclaimed cut Winter – as a matter of fact, that was just last week – but it’s already come time for the North Carolina native to say “So Long.” Ah, parting is such sweet sorrow. OK, ok, Mez isn’t actually going anywhere; on the contrary, he’s back on our front page with an exclusive world premiere off his and beatsmith Commissioner Gordon‘s forthcoming mixtape. Here, Gordon serves up what I’m going to go ahead and say is the first Rocky Horror Picture Show sample in DJBooth.net history (from I’m Going Home, if you’re wondering), as the headliner recounts a failing relationship’s inevitable end. Kooley High members and fellow Tar Heel State natives Tab One and Charlie Smarts provide moral support on the guest tip, each giving his own take on the difficulty of walking out the door. For more disarmingly dope tracks from Mez and Gordon, grab a copy of Paraplegics (due out in March ) as soon as it drops – which is to say, you better get a leg up on it now.
Written by richard on 02/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.