If it feels like just last week that up-and-coming emcee King Mez introduced himself to the Booth with reader-acclaimed cut Winter – as a matter of fact, that was just last week – but it’s already come time for the North Carolina native to say “So Long.” Ah, parting is such sweet sorrow. OK, ok, Mez isn’t actually going anywhere; on the contrary, he’s back on our front page with an exclusive world premiere off his and beatsmith Commissioner Gordon‘s forthcoming mixtape. Here, Gordon serves up what I’m going to go ahead and say is the first Rocky Horror Picture Show sample in DJBooth.net history (from I’m Going Home, if you’re wondering), as the headliner recounts a failing relationship’s inevitable end. Kooley High members and fellow Tar Heel State natives Tab One and Charlie Smarts provide moral support on the guest tip, each giving his own take on the difficulty of walking out the door. For more disarmingly dope tracks from Mez and Gordon, grab a copy of Paraplegics (due out in March ) as soon as it drops – which is to say, you better get a leg up on it now.
Written by richard on 02/10/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.