If it feels like just last week that up-and-coming emcee King Mez introduced himself to the Booth with reader-acclaimed cut Winter – as a matter of fact, that was just last week – but it’s already come time for the North Carolina native to say “So Long.” Ah, parting is such sweet sorrow. OK, ok, Mez isn’t actually going anywhere; on the contrary, he’s back on our front page with an exclusive world premiere off his and beatsmith Commissioner Gordon‘s forthcoming mixtape. Here, Gordon serves up what I’m going to go ahead and say is the first Rocky Horror Picture Show sample in DJBooth.net history (from I’m Going Home, if you’re wondering), as the headliner recounts a failing relationship’s inevitable end. Kooley High members and fellow Tar Heel State natives Tab One and Charlie Smarts provide moral support on the guest tip, each giving his own take on the difficulty of walking out the door. For more disarmingly dope tracks from Mez and Gordon, grab a copy of Paraplegics (due out in March ) as soon as it drops – which is to say, you better get a leg up on it now.
Written by richard on 02/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)