In dozens of Booth-featured cuts, an exclusive freestyle and two mixtape releases (The King’s Khrysis and The Paraplegics), it’s never occurred to me to wonder what King Mez was supposed to be king of. I mean, it’d be sort of like asking where Dr. Dre got his PhD. Nonetheless, the North Carolina-repping reader fave has decided to indulge the smart-alecks on album leak Reign, offering an intelligent response to a facetious question. Flowing over his own slow-burning instrumental, built around the iconic harpsichord arpeggios from The Beatles’ Because (off Abbey Road), the First in Flight State rhymesayer explains: “I just want that throne / It ain’t gotta be the main one, long as don’t nobody living got the same one.” While only time will tell whether jeweled crowns and ermine robes lie in Mez’, this poetically introspective joint is certainly fit for royalty—or do I have it twisted? If you agree with my assessment, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest release details on the rising rap star’s debut full-legth, My Everlasting Zeal.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.