In dozens of Booth-featured cuts, an exclusive freestyle and two mixtape releases (The King’s Khrysis and The Paraplegics), it’s never occurred to me to wonder what King Mez was supposed to be king of. I mean, it’d be sort of like asking where Dr. Dre got his PhD. Nonetheless, the North Carolina-repping reader fave has decided to indulge the smart-alecks on album leak Reign, offering an intelligent response to a facetious question. Flowing over his own slow-burning instrumental, built around the iconic harpsichord arpeggios from The Beatles’ Because (off Abbey Road), the First in Flight State rhymesayer explains: “I just want that throne / It ain’t gotta be the main one, long as don’t nobody living got the same one.” While only time will tell whether jeweled crowns and ermine robes lie in Mez’, this poetically introspective joint is certainly fit for royalty—or do I have it twisted? If you agree with my assessment, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest release details on the rising rap star’s debut full-legth, My Everlasting Zeal.
Written by richard on 05/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.