In dozens of Booth-featured cuts, an exclusive freestyle and two mixtape releases (The King’s Khrysis and The Paraplegics), it’s never occurred to me to wonder what King Mez was supposed to be king of. I mean, it’d be sort of like asking where Dr. Dre got his PhD. Nonetheless, the North Carolina-repping reader fave has decided to indulge the smart-alecks on album leak Reign, offering an intelligent response to a facetious question. Flowing over his own slow-burning instrumental, built around the iconic harpsichord arpeggios from The Beatles’ Because (off Abbey Road), the First in Flight State rhymesayer explains: “I just want that throne / It ain’t gotta be the main one, long as don’t nobody living got the same one.” While only time will tell whether jeweled crowns and ermine robes lie in Mez’, this poetically introspective joint is certainly fit for royalty—or do I have it twisted? If you agree with my assessment, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest release details on the rising rap star’s debut full-legth, My Everlasting Zeal.
Written by richard on 05/4/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.