Hip-hop may not recognize royal bloodlines, but anyone who’s heard King Mez rock the mic can tell you that the North Carolina native was born for this sh*t. Today, the Booth fave lays his claim to the throne with album leak The Rebirth—a joint which, I feel obligated to note, has nothing to do with, nor anything in common with a certain rap heavyweight’s disastrous rock album of the same title. E. Jones mans the boards, serving up a bombastic, brass-sampled beat fit for rap royalty as the freestyle series alum exults in his success, looking back on the long road behind him: “God gave me hella weight, most couldn’t carry this, but I persevered and I been a king ever since.” And, just in case the headliner’s tightly-wound bars aren’t enough to fill your recommended daily allowance of lyrical fire, Brooklyn underground mainstay Skyzoo grabs the mic to showcase his world-class pen game on the back. King Mez’ next project, My Everlasting Zeal, is scheduled to hit the ‘net in late fall/early winter. In the meantime, why not take a listen to The King’s Khrysis, available for free streaming and download in the Booth?
Written by richard on 06/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.