Hip-hop may not recognize royal bloodlines, but anyone who’s heard King Mez rock the mic can tell you that the North Carolina native was born for this sh*t. Today, the Booth fave lays his claim to the throne with album leak The Rebirth—a joint which, I feel obligated to note, has nothing to do with, nor anything in common with a certain rap heavyweight’s disastrous rock album of the same title. E. Jones mans the boards, serving up a bombastic, brass-sampled beat fit for rap royalty as the freestyle series alum exults in his success, looking back on the long road behind him: “God gave me hella weight, most couldn’t carry this, but I persevered and I been a king ever since.” And, just in case the headliner’s tightly-wound bars aren’t enough to fill your recommended daily allowance of lyrical fire, Brooklyn underground mainstay Skyzoo grabs the mic to showcase his world-class pen game on the back. King Mez’ next project, My Everlasting Zeal, is scheduled to hit the ‘net in late fall/early winter. In the meantime, why not take a listen to The King’s Khrysis, available for free streaming and download in the Booth?
Written by richard on 06/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)