We all have nightmares now and then. Whether it’s that dream where we get really embarrassed in front of a crowd or our mom walks in on…you know what? Let’s move on. The point is North Carolina spitter King Mez, perhaps best known at the Booth for his collaborative street album, The Paraplegics, is back with a new single, the aptly titled Nightmares. In two and a half minutes, Mez lets off a high-caliber lyrical assault over Khrysis’ uptempo, sample-driven and block-beating production (huge props to anyone who can place the sample). King Mez’ mission? Letting the world know that HE is the Nightmare that every “mic gripper” should be afraid of. With lines like, “my life been hard and I’m under the soil still, so I leave the milk out, wanna know how the spoils feel, hard to see victory but I’m gonna toil still” Mez is clearly ready to reek havoc in dreams or reality. No word yet on Mez’ next project, this record’s a free agent, but as soon as one develops we’ll be sure to let you know. Sleep tight, friends.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.