We all have nightmares now and then. Whether it’s that dream where we get really embarrassed in front of a crowd or our mom walks in on…you know what? Let’s move on. The point is North Carolina spitter King Mez, perhaps best known at the Booth for his collaborative street album, The Paraplegics, is back with a new single, the aptly titled Nightmares. In two and a half minutes, Mez lets off a high-caliber lyrical assault over Khrysis’ uptempo, sample-driven and block-beating production (huge props to anyone who can place the sample). King Mez’ mission? Letting the world know that HE is the Nightmare that every “mic gripper” should be afraid of. With lines like, “my life been hard and I’m under the soil still, so I leave the milk out, wanna know how the spoils feel, hard to see victory but I’m gonna toil still” Mez is clearly ready to reek havoc in dreams or reality. No word yet on Mez’ next project, this record’s a free agent, but as soon as one develops we’ll be sure to let you know. Sleep tight, friends.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.