We all have nightmares now and then. Whether it’s that dream where we get really embarrassed in front of a crowd or our mom walks in on…you know what? Let’s move on. The point is North Carolina spitter King Mez, perhaps best known at the Booth for his collaborative street album, The Paraplegics, is back with a new single, the aptly titled Nightmares. In two and a half minutes, Mez lets off a high-caliber lyrical assault over Khrysis’ uptempo, sample-driven and block-beating production (huge props to anyone who can place the sample). King Mez’ mission? Letting the world know that HE is the Nightmare that every “mic gripper” should be afraid of. With lines like, “my life been hard and I’m under the soil still, so I leave the milk out, wanna know how the spoils feel, hard to see victory but I’m gonna toil still” Mez is clearly ready to reek havoc in dreams or reality. No word yet on Mez’ next project, this record’s a free agent, but as soon as one develops we’ll be sure to let you know. Sleep tight, friends.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.