One of the most rewarding things that comes from being a part of the Booth is watching the growing success of someone talented enough to deserve it. Enter King Mez, the North Carolina rap staple (and Freestyle alum) gaining some serious momentum with an EP dropping alongside his MTV SuckerFree freestyle this month. One of the singles on the project, Something’s Missing, shows just how far the young lyricist has come in a few short years. Collaborating with Khrysis and his heavy bass/ head-nodding production, Mez delivers the hard-hitting lines that listeners have grown accustomed to, staying true to himself from the first bar to the last: “Told my momma I’d make it / now I gotta go get it / Make my passion equivalent, now I’m her spittin image.” The only thing I’m left longing for here is his solo debut album, but fans should be more than happy to wait a little bit longer after his 6-song EP, entitled The King’s Khrysis, drops on February 27. Be sure to keep it locked to the DJBooth for more from Khrysis and the Mez – we never miss a beat.
Written by Sigurd on 02/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.