One of the most rewarding things that comes from being a part of the Booth is watching the growing success of someone talented enough to deserve it. Enter King Mez, the North Carolina rap staple (and Freestyle alum) gaining some serious momentum with an EP dropping alongside his MTV SuckerFree freestyle this month. One of the singles on the project, Something’s Missing, shows just how far the young lyricist has come in a few short years. Collaborating with Khrysis and his heavy bass/ head-nodding production, Mez delivers the hard-hitting lines that listeners have grown accustomed to, staying true to himself from the first bar to the last: “Told my momma I’d make it / now I gotta go get it / Make my passion equivalent, now I’m her spittin image.” The only thing I’m left longing for here is his solo debut album, but fans should be more than happy to wait a little bit longer after his 6-song EP, entitled The King’s Khrysis, drops on February 27. Be sure to keep it locked to the DJBooth for more from Khrysis and the Mez – we never miss a beat.
Written by Sigurd on 02/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.