One of the most rewarding things that comes from being a part of the Booth is watching the growing success of someone talented enough to deserve it. Enter King Mez, the North Carolina rap staple (and Freestyle alum) gaining some serious momentum with an EP dropping alongside his MTV SuckerFree freestyle this month. One of the singles on the project, Something’s Missing, shows just how far the young lyricist has come in a few short years. Collaborating with Khrysis and his heavy bass/ head-nodding production, Mez delivers the hard-hitting lines that listeners have grown accustomed to, staying true to himself from the first bar to the last: “Told my momma I’d make it / now I gotta go get it / Make my passion equivalent, now I’m her spittin image.” The only thing I’m left longing for here is his solo debut album, but fans should be more than happy to wait a little bit longer after his 6-song EP, entitled The King’s Khrysis, drops on February 27. Be sure to keep it locked to the DJBooth for more from Khrysis and the Mez – we never miss a beat.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.