The last time I wrote about King Mez he was busy giving other rappers Nightmares. Since then he’s been a constant here at DJBooth, and rightfully so. To keep the trend going, today we feature one of the stand-out cuts, From the South, off his DJBooth-sponsored EP The King’s Khrysis (which if for some mysterious reason you haven’t downloaded, you can cop here). Based on the title of the song you probably imagine a David Banner or Three 6 Mafia-esque banger, right? Wrong. People forget that North Carolina is (technically) the South and King Mez is dropping gems reppin’ his home state. Produced by Khrysis (did you forget the EP name?), From the South is a soulful headnodder complete with scratches from DJ Flash that makes you sway back and forth while Mez and fellow Carolinians Thee Tom Hardy, and Sean Boog drop off stellar verses about their skills and you guessed it, their residences. So sit back, press play, and enjoy NC at its best…and if you’ll be at SXSW check him out at the DJBooth x 2DopeBoyz x Last Rights’ showcase, The Rising.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.