Good things come to those who wait, or more importantly here, to those who consistently throw down sick lines. Case in point, King Mez, the rapper and Booth favorite who was recently sponsored by Stussy to collaborate on the creative Hoppin Over Fences. Listeners and fans of Mez have been hearing him improve after every installation on the Booth, and this one is no exception for the Freestyle Series alum. Backed by a fresh beat from Pharrell Williams - an unreleased, non-exclusive beat, which Williams leaked to the net - Mez hops on his lyrical game, giving us dope verbiage like, “Looking for Billy jeans, they just wanted to beat it/ Trying to get em a thriller wit smooth criminal features.” If that doesn’t make you a fan, I don’t know what will. The (North) Carolina native has been on a roll recently, but only time will tell what the future of music will hold in store for this talented artist. If you liked what you saw on the other side of the fence, be sure to keep a lookout for future Mez features, inevitably arriving in the weeks and months to come.
Written by Sigurd on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.