Good things come to those who wait, or more importantly here, to those who consistently throw down sick lines. Case in point, King Mez, the rapper and Booth favorite who was recently sponsored by Stussy to collaborate on the creative Hoppin Over Fences. Listeners and fans of Mez have been hearing him improve after every installation on the Booth, and this one is no exception for the Freestyle Series alum. Backed by a fresh beat from Pharrell Williams - an unreleased, non-exclusive beat, which Williams leaked to the net - Mez hops on his lyrical game, giving us dope verbiage like, “Looking for Billy jeans, they just wanted to beat it/ Trying to get em a thriller wit smooth criminal features.” If that doesn’t make you a fan, I don’t know what will. The (North) Carolina native has been on a roll recently, but only time will tell what the future of music will hold in store for this talented artist. If you liked what you saw on the other side of the fence, be sure to keep a lookout for future Mez features, inevitably arriving in the weeks and months to come.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.