Good things come to those who wait, or more importantly here, to those who consistently throw down sick lines. Case in point, King Mez, the rapper and Booth favorite who was recently sponsored by Stussy to collaborate on the creative Hoppin Over Fences. Listeners and fans of Mez have been hearing him improve after every installation on the Booth, and this one is no exception for the Freestyle Series alum. Backed by a fresh beat from Pharrell Williams - an unreleased, non-exclusive beat, which Williams leaked to the net - Mez hops on his lyrical game, giving us dope verbiage like, “Looking for Billy jeans, they just wanted to beat it/ Trying to get em a thriller wit smooth criminal features.” If that doesn’t make you a fan, I don’t know what will. The (North) Carolina native has been on a roll recently, but only time will tell what the future of music will hold in store for this talented artist. If you liked what you saw on the other side of the fence, be sure to keep a lookout for future Mez features, inevitably arriving in the weeks and months to come.
Written by Sigurd on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)