Good things come to those who wait, or more importantly here, to those who consistently throw down sick lines. Case in point, King Mez, the rapper and Booth favorite who was recently sponsored by Stussy to collaborate on the creative Hoppin Over Fences. Listeners and fans of Mez have been hearing him improve after every installation on the Booth, and this one is no exception for the Freestyle Series alum. Backed by a fresh beat from Pharrell Williams - an unreleased, non-exclusive beat, which Williams leaked to the net - Mez hops on his lyrical game, giving us dope verbiage like, “Looking for Billy jeans, they just wanted to beat it/ Trying to get em a thriller wit smooth criminal features.” If that doesn’t make you a fan, I don’t know what will. The (North) Carolina native has been on a roll recently, but only time will tell what the future of music will hold in store for this talented artist. If you liked what you saw on the other side of the fence, be sure to keep a lookout for future Mez features, inevitably arriving in the weeks and months to come.
Written by Sigurd on 11/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.