With the level of acclaim his new, DJBooth-sponsored street album is enjoying on our pages and beyond, King Mez must be soaring right now. The higher one climbs, however, the farther one risks tumbling back to earth. On Fallen, a project standout hand-selected for feature placement by the Booth staff, the Carolina phenom takes a moment to reflect on the lack of ground beneath his feet. (Fortunately, that doesn’t send him immediately crashing to the ground a la Tom & Jerry.) Over Soundtrakk‘s cinematic indie-pop-meets-hip-hop production, the freestyle series alumnus imagines his hustle as a breakneck flight from the authorities, and muses philosophically on his ultimate fate: “I was thinkin’ I’m fly, but now my engine’s stallin’ / That’s what I get for rushin’, so be it, so be it / This is my dissertation, I hear them n**gas coming.” Singers Sarah Kaboo, Carlitta Durand and Damaris Joi add to the effect with guest vocals throughout. My Everlasting Zeal is available now for streaming and download in The DJBooth, and fans can click here to peep the latest entry in Mez’ Herfection-presented “Diary” vlog series.
Written by richard on 06/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.