With the level of acclaim his new, DJBooth-sponsored street album is enjoying on our pages and beyond, King Mez must be soaring right now. The higher one climbs, however, the farther one risks tumbling back to earth. On Fallen, a project standout hand-selected for feature placement by the Booth staff, the Carolina phenom takes a moment to reflect on the lack of ground beneath his feet. (Fortunately, that doesn’t send him immediately crashing to the ground a la Tom & Jerry.) Over Soundtrakk‘s cinematic indie-pop-meets-hip-hop production, the freestyle series alumnus imagines his hustle as a breakneck flight from the authorities, and muses philosophically on his ultimate fate: “I was thinkin’ I’m fly, but now my engine’s stallin’ / That’s what I get for rushin’, so be it, so be it / This is my dissertation, I hear them n**gas coming.” Singers Sarah Kaboo, Carlitta Durand and Damaris Joi add to the effect with guest vocals throughout. My Everlasting Zeal is available now for streaming and download in The DJBooth, and fans can click here to peep the latest entry in Mez’ Herfection-presented “Diary” vlog series.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.