Don’t worry – North Carolina’s King Mez hasn’t gotten into the cocaine business. The word “Blow” in the title of this newly-leaked album cut (an exclusive world premiere!) refers not to the white powder but rather to what the reader-acclaimed emcee is planning on doing in the music game, preferably sooner rather than later. Commissioner Gordon once again excels behind the boards, setting a triumphant mood with sliced-n-diced brass samples as the headliner informs us just how close he is to his big break. He also manages to drop what has to be the first occurrence of the word “meniscus” in rap history. (Prove me wrong – I dare you.) Topped off with the equally intellectually stimulating guest bars of Virginia native and fellow Booth regular Nickelus F., this ambitious jam and much more can be found on Mez & Gordon’s Kevin Nottingham/DJBooth-sponsored The Paraplegics street album, set to arrive on our front page on June 1.
Written by richard on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.