Don’t worry – North Carolina’s King Mez hasn’t gotten into the cocaine business. The word “Blow” in the title of this newly-leaked album cut (an exclusive world premiere!) refers not to the white powder but rather to what the reader-acclaimed emcee is planning on doing in the music game, preferably sooner rather than later. Commissioner Gordon once again excels behind the boards, setting a triumphant mood with sliced-n-diced brass samples as the headliner informs us just how close he is to his big break. He also manages to drop what has to be the first occurrence of the word “meniscus” in rap history. (Prove me wrong – I dare you.) Topped off with the equally intellectually stimulating guest bars of Virginia native and fellow Booth regular Nickelus F., this ambitious jam and much more can be found on Mez & Gordon’s Kevin Nottingham/DJBooth-sponsored The Paraplegics street album, set to arrive on our front page on June 1.
Written by richard on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.