Don’t worry – North Carolina’s King Mez hasn’t gotten into the cocaine business. The word “Blow” in the title of this newly-leaked album cut (an exclusive world premiere!) refers not to the white powder but rather to what the reader-acclaimed emcee is planning on doing in the music game, preferably sooner rather than later. Commissioner Gordon once again excels behind the boards, setting a triumphant mood with sliced-n-diced brass samples as the headliner informs us just how close he is to his big break. He also manages to drop what has to be the first occurrence of the word “meniscus” in rap history. (Prove me wrong – I dare you.) Topped off with the equally intellectually stimulating guest bars of Virginia native and fellow Booth regular Nickelus F., this ambitious jam and much more can be found on Mez & Gordon’s Kevin Nottingham/DJBooth-sponsored The Paraplegics street album, set to arrive on our front page on June 1.
Written by richard on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.