Don’t worry – North Carolina’s King Mez hasn’t gotten into the cocaine business. The word “Blow” in the title of this newly-leaked album cut (an exclusive world premiere!) refers not to the white powder but rather to what the reader-acclaimed emcee is planning on doing in the music game, preferably sooner rather than later. Commissioner Gordon once again excels behind the boards, setting a triumphant mood with sliced-n-diced brass samples as the headliner informs us just how close he is to his big break. He also manages to drop what has to be the first occurrence of the word “meniscus” in rap history. (Prove me wrong – I dare you.) Topped off with the equally intellectually stimulating guest bars of Virginia native and fellow Booth regular Nickelus F., this ambitious jam and much more can be found on Mez & Gordon’s Kevin Nottingham/DJBooth-sponsored The Paraplegics street album, set to arrive on our front page on June 1.
Written by richard on 04/20/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)