Everything may be a gamble, but when an underground vet like Allentown’s King Magnetic steps into the Booth with a hard-hitting, retro-informed jam like this new single (the emcee’s first feature), it’s a good bet that reader acclaim will follow. On Fullest Extent, DC the Midi Alien‘s ominous, percussion-heavy boardwork sets the stage for the aggressive lyrical stylings of Magnetic and two equally high-caliber cohorts: rap revolutionary Immortal Technique and fellow underground mainstay Termanology match the headliner blow for blow. DJ Kwestion tops the track off with some guest scratches on the hook (it’s a good night for fans of old-school turntablism, huh?), borrowing the titular line from Mobb Deep‘s Party Over as well as grabbing a snippet from Funkmaster Flex, Akinyele and Sadat X’s Loud Hangover. King Magnetic’s latest mixtape, Everything’s A Gamble 2, won’t be available for purchase till 2010, but those who pre-order it on the artist’s website can get a free bonus disc in the bargain.
Written by richard on 11/30/09
King Mag Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Body" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.