Everything may be a gamble, but when an underground vet like Allentown’s King Magnetic steps into the Booth with a hard-hitting, retro-informed jam like this new single (the emcee’s first feature), it’s a good bet that reader acclaim will follow. On Fullest Extent, DC the Midi Alien‘s ominous, percussion-heavy boardwork sets the stage for the aggressive lyrical stylings of Magnetic and two equally high-caliber cohorts: rap revolutionary Immortal Technique and fellow underground mainstay Termanology match the headliner blow for blow. DJ Kwestion tops the track off with some guest scratches on the hook (it’s a good night for fans of old-school turntablism, huh?), borrowing the titular line from Mobb Deep‘s Party Over as well as grabbing a snippet from Funkmaster Flex, Akinyele and Sadat X’s Loud Hangover. King Magnetic’s latest mixtape, Everything’s A Gamble 2, won’t be available for purchase till 2010, but those who pre-order it on the artist’s website can get a free bonus disc in the bargain.
King Mag Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Body" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.