Everything may be a gamble, but when an underground vet like Allentown’s King Magnetic steps into the Booth with a hard-hitting, retro-informed jam like this new single (the emcee’s first feature), it’s a good bet that reader acclaim will follow. On Fullest Extent, DC the Midi Alien‘s ominous, percussion-heavy boardwork sets the stage for the aggressive lyrical stylings of Magnetic and two equally high-caliber cohorts: rap revolutionary Immortal Technique and fellow underground mainstay Termanology match the headliner blow for blow. DJ Kwestion tops the track off with some guest scratches on the hook (it’s a good night for fans of old-school turntablism, huh?), borrowing the titular line from Mobb Deep‘s Party Over as well as grabbing a snippet from Funkmaster Flex, Akinyele and Sadat X’s Loud Hangover. King Magnetic’s latest mixtape, Everything’s A Gamble 2, won’t be available for purchase till 2010, but those who pre-order it on the artist’s website can get a free bonus disc in the bargain.
Written by richard on 11/30/09
Submit your Rating
King Mag Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Body" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.