Everything may be a gamble, but when an underground vet like Allentown’s King Magnetic steps into the Booth with a hard-hitting, retro-informed jam like this new single (the emcee’s first feature), it’s a good bet that reader acclaim will follow. On Fullest Extent, DC the Midi Alien‘s ominous, percussion-heavy boardwork sets the stage for the aggressive lyrical stylings of Magnetic and two equally high-caliber cohorts: rap revolutionary Immortal Technique and fellow underground mainstay Termanology match the headliner blow for blow. DJ Kwestion tops the track off with some guest scratches on the hook (it’s a good night for fans of old-school turntablism, huh?), borrowing the titular line from Mobb Deep‘s Party Over as well as grabbing a snippet from Funkmaster Flex, Akinyele and Sadat X’s Loud Hangover. King Magnetic’s latest mixtape, Everything’s A Gamble 2, won’t be available for purchase till 2010, but those who pre-order it on the artist’s website can get a free bonus disc in the bargain.
Written by richard on 11/30/09
King Mag Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Another Body" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)