Got a decent pair of headphones (or a top-notch stereo system) handy? Good, because laptop speakers simply won’t do justice to King I Divine‘s latest song release. A Queens buzzmaker whose immersive grooves were previously heard on the inaugural EP in our Re-Produced series, the beatsmith returns to bring us the world premiere of FLY, a cut off his forthcoming “ambient hip-hop album.” with singer/poet LD Henriquez. Divine’s instrumental—a warm bath of layered synths, sampled loops and subtle stereo effects drawn together by a steady boom-bap rhythm—is the star of the show here, but Henriquez plays a key supporting role, exhibiting a silky-smooth vocal presence as she invites listeners to let go of their cares and float away with her. Cloud 187 as yet lacks a drop date, but those who enjoyed this stress-busting aural vacation can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.