Got a decent pair of headphones (or a top-notch stereo system) handy? Good, because laptop speakers simply won’t do justice to King I Divine‘s latest song release. A Queens buzzmaker whose immersive grooves were previously heard on the inaugural EP in our Re-Produced series, the beatsmith returns to bring us the world premiere of FLY, a cut off his forthcoming “ambient hip-hop album.” with singer/poet LD Henriquez. Divine’s instrumental—a warm bath of layered synths, sampled loops and subtle stereo effects drawn together by a steady boom-bap rhythm—is the star of the show here, but Henriquez plays a key supporting role, exhibiting a silky-smooth vocal presence as she invites listeners to let go of their cares and float away with her. Cloud 187 as yet lacks a drop date, but those who enjoyed this stress-busting aural vacation can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.