As someone who listens to rap music on a daily basis, I’m more or less desensitized to awkward, creepy and/or bizarre pickup lines. At least I thought I was, until I heard Kid CuDi tell a woman, “I want to live in your Vortex,” on the chorus of King Chip‘s new single. That, my friends, is f**king weird. Part of his latest street album, this offbeat burner features the Cleveland representative marveling at a certain chick’s rare combo of independence, toughness and sex appeal. Joining Chip over the shuffling percussion and ambient synths of WZRD, CuDI’s experimental side project with Dot Da Genius, Pusha T contributes a caked-up 16 on the front. Feeling it? This is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on the artist’s 44108 tape, released today for free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/4/13
King Chip, the artist formerly known as Chip tha Ripper, has released his latest street album, 44108. The 19-track project, titled after the zip code of his native Cleveland, Ohio, included previously-featured selections...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.