As someone who listens to rap music on a daily basis, I’m more or less desensitized to awkward, creepy and/or bizarre pickup lines. At least I thought I was, until I heard Kid CuDi tell a woman, “I want to live in your Vortex,” on the chorus of King Chip‘s new single. That, my friends, is f**king weird. Part of his latest street album, this offbeat burner features the Cleveland representative marveling at a certain chick’s rare combo of independence, toughness and sex appeal. Joining Chip over the shuffling percussion and ambient synths of WZRD, CuDI’s experimental side project with Dot Da Genius, Pusha T contributes a caked-up 16 on the front. Feeling it? This is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on the artist’s 44108 tape, released today for free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)