As someone who listens to rap music on a daily basis, I’m more or less desensitized to awkward, creepy and/or bizarre pickup lines. At least I thought I was, until I heard Kid CuDi tell a woman, “I want to live in your Vortex,” on the chorus of King Chip‘s new single. That, my friends, is f**king weird. Part of his latest street album, this offbeat burner features the Cleveland representative marveling at a certain chick’s rare combo of independence, toughness and sex appeal. Joining Chip over the shuffling percussion and ambient synths of WZRD, CuDI’s experimental side project with Dot Da Genius, Pusha T contributes a caked-up 16 on the front. Feeling it? This is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on the artist’s 44108 tape, released today for free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.