As someone who listens to rap music on a daily basis, I’m more or less desensitized to awkward, creepy and/or bizarre pickup lines. At least I thought I was, until I heard Kid CuDi tell a woman, “I want to live in your Vortex,” on the chorus of King Chip‘s new single. That, my friends, is f**king weird. Part of his latest street album, this offbeat burner features the Cleveland representative marveling at a certain chick’s rare combo of independence, toughness and sex appeal. Joining Chip over the shuffling percussion and ambient synths of WZRD, CuDI’s experimental side project with Dot Da Genius, Pusha T contributes a caked-up 16 on the front. Feeling it? This is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on the artist’s 44108 tape, released today for free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.