As someone who listens to rap music on a daily basis, I’m more or less desensitized to awkward, creepy and/or bizarre pickup lines. At least I thought I was, until I heard Kid CuDi tell a woman, “I want to live in your Vortex,” on the chorus of King Chip‘s new single. That, my friends, is f**king weird. Part of his latest street album, this offbeat burner features the Cleveland representative marveling at a certain chick’s rare combo of independence, toughness and sex appeal. Joining Chip over the shuffling percussion and ambient synths of WZRD, CuDI’s experimental side project with Dot Da Genius, Pusha T contributes a caked-up 16 on the front. Feeling it? This is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on the artist’s 44108 tape, released today for free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.