For King Chip, simply being fresh to death isn’t sufficient; he also wants to look maximally fly for his journey into the next world. On Fresh at My Funeral, the Cleveland representative makes a solemn request to homies who outlive him: “Light my Air Max up before you drop the casket.” K. Roosevelt mans the boards on this stylish mixtape single, serving up an airy, synth-driven instrumental as Chip contrasts his hard-knock adolescence with his current position of power in the game. Windy City spitter GLC shows off his ride on verse two, and Pittsburgh representative Chevy Woods likens himself to baller John Wall in a caked-up closing contribution. Clevelafornia remains unscheduled but, as always, you can stay tuned to The DJBooth for fresh singles and release details.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.