For King Chip, simply being fresh to death isn’t sufficient; he also wants to look maximally fly for his journey into the next world. On Fresh at My Funeral, the Cleveland representative makes a solemn request to homies who outlive him: “Light my Air Max up before you drop the casket.” K. Roosevelt mans the boards on this stylish mixtape single, serving up an airy, synth-driven instrumental as Chip contrasts his hard-knock adolescence with his current position of power in the game. Windy City spitter GLC shows off his ride on verse two, and Pittsburgh representative Chevy Woods likens himself to baller John Wall in a caked-up closing contribution. Clevelafornia remains unscheduled but, as always, you can stay tuned to The DJBooth for fresh singles and release details.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.