Want to know just how much King Chip (formerly known as “Chip Tha Ripper”) is buzzing? Simply drive down to your local hospital, bust into the maternity ward, grab an infant from the nursery and ask that freshly-minted human being whether they’ve heard of the Cleveland rapper. And try not to mention my name when you inevitably get taken into police custody. On new promo single Ask a Baby, the emcee boasts of his high recognition factor among numerous groups of consumers, from the lucrative “beautiful women” demographic all the way down to newborns. (They may lack purchasing power, but talk about a growth market.) Cardo provides a kid-tested, mother-approved instrumental to back his rhymes, blending ambient synths with sampled gurgles and coos. This promo cut may or may not make it onto Chip’s forthcoming Clevifornia project, which as yet lacks a drop date; keep it locked to the DJBooth for the latest!
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.