Want to know just how much King Chip (formerly known as “Chip Tha Ripper”) is buzzing? Simply drive down to your local hospital, bust into the maternity ward, grab an infant from the nursery and ask that freshly-minted human being whether they’ve heard of the Cleveland rapper. And try not to mention my name when you inevitably get taken into police custody. On new promo single Ask a Baby, the emcee boasts of his high recognition factor among numerous groups of consumers, from the lucrative “beautiful women” demographic all the way down to newborns. (They may lack purchasing power, but talk about a growth market.) Cardo provides a kid-tested, mother-approved instrumental to back his rhymes, blending ambient synths with sampled gurgles and coos. This promo cut may or may not make it onto Chip’s forthcoming Clevifornia project, which as yet lacks a drop date; keep it locked to the DJBooth for the latest!
Written by richard on 10/16/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.