Want to know just how much King Chip (formerly known as “Chip Tha Ripper”) is buzzing? Simply drive down to your local hospital, bust into the maternity ward, grab an infant from the nursery and ask that freshly-minted human being whether they’ve heard of the Cleveland rapper. And try not to mention my name when you inevitably get taken into police custody. On new promo single Ask a Baby, the emcee boasts of his high recognition factor among numerous groups of consumers, from the lucrative “beautiful women” demographic all the way down to newborns. (They may lack purchasing power, but talk about a growth market.) Cardo provides a kid-tested, mother-approved instrumental to back his rhymes, blending ambient synths with sampled gurgles and coos. This promo cut may or may not make it onto Chip’s forthcoming Clevifornia project, which as yet lacks a drop date; keep it locked to the DJBooth for the latest!
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)