Even R&B royalty has to answer to the powers that be. On a new single off her next independent full-length, King Avriel offers herself up as a sacrifice for sins she may or may not have committed: ”I’ll admit to doing a crime / Even end up doing the time / If it means I’m saving a life / And can look into his eyes on Judgment Day.” Valley Idols, the second half of this two-part opus, introduces an extra layer of complexity into the story, indicating that the artist’s guilt is tied to a child whom she never got to watch grow up. Avriel handles production duties in collaboration with Hasan Insane and Napo. If this emotionally-charged selection’s piqued your interest, watch our pages for more on the artist’s Thesis LP, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Since King avriel burst onto the scene early this year, heads have been captivated by the Los Angeles-born singer/songwriter's talent for mixing powerful emotion with the razor-sharp analysis of a cultural studies scholar. So...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)