Even R&B royalty has to answer to the powers that be. On a new single off her next independent full-length, King Avriel offers herself up as a sacrifice for sins she may or may not have committed: ”I’ll admit to doing a crime / Even end up doing the time / If it means I’m saving a life / And can look into his eyes on Judgment Day.” Valley Idols, the second half of this two-part opus, introduces an extra layer of complexity into the story, indicating that the artist’s guilt is tied to a child whom she never got to watch grow up. Avriel handles production duties in collaboration with Hasan Insane and Napo. If this emotionally-charged selection’s piqued your interest, watch our pages for more on the artist’s Thesis LP, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.