Even R&B royalty has to answer to the powers that be. On a new single off her next independent full-length, King Avriel offers herself up as a sacrifice for sins she may or may not have committed: ”I’ll admit to doing a crime / Even end up doing the time / If it means I’m saving a life / And can look into his eyes on Judgment Day.” Valley Idols, the second half of this two-part opus, introduces an extra layer of complexity into the story, indicating that the artist’s guilt is tied to a child whom she never got to watch grow up. Avriel handles production duties in collaboration with Hasan Insane and Napo. If this emotionally-charged selection’s piqued your interest, watch our pages for more on the artist’s Thesis LP, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.