Even R&B royalty has to answer to the powers that be. On a new single off her next independent full-length, King Avriel offers herself up as a sacrifice for sins she may or may not have committed: ”I’ll admit to doing a crime / Even end up doing the time / If it means I’m saving a life / And can look into his eyes on Judgment Day.” Valley Idols, the second half of this two-part opus, introduces an extra layer of complexity into the story, indicating that the artist’s guilt is tied to a child whom she never got to watch grow up. Avriel handles production duties in collaboration with Hasan Insane and Napo. If this emotionally-charged selection’s piqued your interest, watch our pages for more on the artist’s Thesis LP, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.