Even R&B royalty has to answer to the powers that be. On a new single off her next independent full-length, King Avriel offers herself up as a sacrifice for sins she may or may not have committed: ”I’ll admit to doing a crime / Even end up doing the time / If it means I’m saving a life / And can look into his eyes on Judgment Day.” Valley Idols, the second half of this two-part opus, introduces an extra layer of complexity into the story, indicating that the artist’s guilt is tied to a child whom she never got to watch grow up. Avriel handles production duties in collaboration with Hasan Insane and Napo. If this emotionally-charged selection’s piqued your interest, watch our pages for more on the artist’s Thesis LP, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.