In a piece featured earlier this week, our own Lucas G. took an in-depth look at R&B singer King avriel, trying to determine whether the buzz that had accumulated around her handful of song releases was deserved. His verdict? Most definitely. Thus, you’ll want to play close attention to 180, the final pre-release single off the artist’s forthcoming EP. Here, a hazy, synth-led beat by TheOnlyOnesLeft sets the mood as avriel takes a trip down Memory Lane, revisiting her teenage struggle to find her footing amid the “materialism, vanity and [predation]” of the Los Angeles music scene. Thesis currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the eagerly-anticipated set as more information emerges.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.