In a piece featured earlier this week, our own Lucas G. took an in-depth look at R&B singer King avriel, trying to determine whether the buzz that had accumulated around her handful of song releases was deserved. His verdict? Most definitely. Thus, you’ll want to play close attention to 180, the final pre-release single off the artist’s forthcoming EP. Here, a hazy, synth-led beat by TheOnlyOnesLeft sets the mood as avriel takes a trip down Memory Lane, revisiting her teenage struggle to find her footing amid the “materialism, vanity and [predation]” of the Los Angeles music scene. Thesis currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the eagerly-anticipated set as more information emerges.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.