In a piece featured earlier this week, our own Lucas G. took an in-depth look at R&B singer King avriel, trying to determine whether the buzz that had accumulated around her handful of song releases was deserved. His verdict? Most definitely. Thus, you’ll want to play close attention to 180, the final pre-release single off the artist’s forthcoming EP. Here, a hazy, synth-led beat by TheOnlyOnesLeft sets the mood as avriel takes a trip down Memory Lane, revisiting her teenage struggle to find her footing amid the “materialism, vanity and [predation]” of the Los Angeles music scene. Thesis currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the eagerly-anticipated set as more information emerges.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.