In a piece featured earlier this week, our own Lucas G. took an in-depth look at R&B singer King avriel, trying to determine whether the buzz that had accumulated around her handful of song releases was deserved. His verdict? Most definitely. Thus, you’ll want to play close attention to 180, the final pre-release single off the artist’s forthcoming EP. Here, a hazy, synth-led beat by TheOnlyOnesLeft sets the mood as avriel takes a trip down Memory Lane, revisiting her teenage struggle to find her footing amid the “materialism, vanity and [predation]” of the Los Angeles music scene. Thesis currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the eagerly-anticipated set as more information emerges.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Since King avriel burst onto the scene early this year, heads have been captivated by the Los Angeles-born singer/songwriter's talent for mixing powerful emotion with the razor-sharp analysis of a cultural studies scholar. So...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Be Cool" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)