Friends since grade school, rappers Hollow Tip and Metro are living out a dream. After signing a joint deal between independent label Voicez Music Group and Def Jam, the duo, known collectively as Kinfolk, is looking to make a name of themselves in 2008. Originally released in 2007, their single Don’t Go To Work has been floating around cyberspace since last August. However, since the fella’s first proclaimed that work only comes to them (which is actually hard to believe), the song has been updated with a guest verse from the one and only Snoop Dogg. Their inclusion on the Def Jam artist roster follows the label’s recent infatuation with Southern talent (Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, Rocko); but will they enjoy the same success?
Written by DJ Z on 02/12/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.