Friends since grade school, rappers Hollow Tip and Metro are living out a dream. After signing a joint deal between independent label Voicez Music Group and Def Jam, the duo, known collectively as Kinfolk, is looking to make a name of themselves in 2008. Originally released in 2007, their single Don’t Go To Work has been floating around cyberspace since last August. However, since the fella’s first proclaimed that work only comes to them (which is actually hard to believe), the song has been updated with a guest verse from the one and only Snoop Dogg. Their inclusion on the Def Jam artist roster follows the label’s recent infatuation with Southern talent (Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, Rocko); but will they enjoy the same success?
Written by DJ Z on 02/12/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.