Shenanigans, tomfoolery, hanky panky, funny business… all things you will hear none of Kinetics’ latest feature. OK, some hanky-panky may be involved—but in any case, there’s absolutely No F**king Around. Off Kinetics & One Love‘s forthcoming full-length, this remix finds the Ithaca beatsmith taking inspiration from indie-rock group Rafter‘s record of the same title. Backed by the Asthamatic Kitty signees’ quirky, vocoder-laced grooves, the Big Apple rhymesayer gives listeners the lowdown on his hella-fide mic skills and his effortless way with women. Lighthearted as his verses may be, the emcee showcases some dead-serious mic skills, packing his complexly-rhymed bars with dizzying double-entendres: “The reason I’m doin’ this one-twoin’: when I spit, Sir, I sick (Isaac)—Newton / They don’t have to be sittin’ under an apple tree; when they battle me they’ll be feelin’ the effects of gravity.” Kinetics & One Love’s Cross-Fading Back To Normal LP has yet to receive a drop date—keep it locked for the latest details. In the meantime, fans can click here to peep the official preview video, shot in Cali’s historic Castle Green.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Any Means Necessary" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.