Shenanigans, tomfoolery, hanky panky, funny business… all things you will hear none of Kinetics’ latest feature. OK, some hanky-panky may be involved—but in any case, there’s absolutely No F**king Around. Off Kinetics & One Love‘s forthcoming full-length, this remix finds the Ithaca beatsmith taking inspiration from indie-rock group Rafter‘s record of the same title. Backed by the Asthamatic Kitty signees’ quirky, vocoder-laced grooves, the Big Apple rhymesayer gives listeners the lowdown on his hella-fide mic skills and his effortless way with women. Lighthearted as his verses may be, the emcee showcases some dead-serious mic skills, packing his complexly-rhymed bars with dizzying double-entendres: “The reason I’m doin’ this one-twoin’: when I spit, Sir, I sick (Isaac)—Newton / They don’t have to be sittin’ under an apple tree; when they battle me they’ll be feelin’ the effects of gravity.” Kinetics & One Love’s Cross-Fading Back To Normal LP has yet to receive a drop date—keep it locked for the latest details. In the meantime, fans can click here to peep the official preview video, shot in Cali’s historic Castle Green.
Written by richard on 02/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
" Any Means Necessary" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.