You know the drill: a lone butterfly beats its wing somewhere in Utah and, in accordance with the laws of chaos theory, the effects of that act ripple outward till there’s a civil war raging in China, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch have gotten back together and Ashton Kutcher’s love life is more f*cked up than it was to begin with. Similarly, clicking “play” on Kinetics & One Love‘s latest mixtape single/video could ultimately lead to nuclear war—or world peace. So, do you feel lucky? Well, do you, punk? Hopefully the answer’s “yes,” as it’d be a shame to let minor considerations like the apocalypse get in the way of your enjoying a record as dope as Butterfly Effect, which finds Kenna Okoye crafting a pensive, guitar-driven backdrop to back the Northeastern duo as they reflect upon their personal regrets. Though there are numerous events they’d like to travel back in time and resolve differently, from salvaging failed relationships, to preventing Pac‘s death, to pre-emptively ending the bloody conflicts in Sudan, in the end, of course, they realize that every action has its unintended consequences, and choose to embrace life just as it is. This reflective banger can be found on Kinetics & One Love’s What Model Are You? street album, available now online. Additionally, fans should keep it locked for further details on their next LP, You Are Not Alone, scheduled for release June 19.
Written by richard on 03/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
" Any Means Necessary" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)