In 1965, not long before he was assasinated, Malcolm X said, “We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected…which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.” Although what they intend to get by Any Means Necessary varies widely - social justice, money, musical success - hip-hop has used Malcom’s words as inspiration for years. Joining that tradition today are Kinetics & One Love, an NYC based duo making their DJBooth debut today (although Kinetics has guested before, and the duo did write the hook to B.o.B.’s smash Airplanes). One Love, the production half of the equation, laces a smoothly underground beat, complete with some classic samples, that gives Kinetics plenty of room to breathe with rhymes that declare his rap superiority, sentiments echoed by the always solid Nitty Scott, MC. While there’s no title or release date set for Kinetics & One Love’s upcoming album, unless you consider sometime in 2012 a release date, I think we can rest assured that they’ll deliver a quality product by any means necessary.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Would You Follow Me?" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.