For all the records dedicated to rappers’ mothers, there’s a distinct drought of odes to dads. On newly-released album inclusion Willie Burke Sherwood, Killer Mike takes the first step toward changing that, expressing his wish that his own old man were around to witness his success and reaching out to the many young boys without a male role model in their lives. Project collaborator EL-P crafts a dense yet soulful backdrop for the emcee’s poignant rhymes. For more, check out the A-Town veteran’s R.A.P. Music LP, available in stores and online as of mid-May (and awarded a “solid” four-spin rating by our own Nathan S.).
Written by richard on 06/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.