For all the records dedicated to rappers’ mothers, there’s a distinct drought of odes to dads. On newly-released album inclusion Willie Burke Sherwood, Killer Mike takes the first step toward changing that, expressing his wish that his own old man were around to witness his success and reaching out to the many young boys without a male role model in their lives. Project collaborator EL-P crafts a dense yet soulful backdrop for the emcee’s poignant rhymes. For more, check out the A-Town veteran’s R.A.P. Music LP, available in stores and online as of mid-May (and awarded a “solid” four-spin rating by our own Nathan S.).
Listen to More: Killer Mike
Written by richard on 06/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.