For all the records dedicated to rappers’ mothers, there’s a distinct drought of odes to dads. On newly-released album inclusion Willie Burke Sherwood, Killer Mike takes the first step toward changing that, expressing his wish that his own old man were around to witness his success and reaching out to the many young boys without a male role model in their lives. Project collaborator EL-P crafts a dense yet soulful backdrop for the emcee’s poignant rhymes. For more, check out the A-Town veteran’s R.A.P. Music LP, available in stores and online as of mid-May (and awarded a “solid” four-spin rating by our own Nathan S.).
Listen to More: Killer Mike Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.