For all the records dedicated to rappers’ mothers, there’s a distinct drought of odes to dads. On newly-released album inclusion Willie Burke Sherwood, Killer Mike takes the first step toward changing that, expressing his wish that his own old man were around to witness his success and reaching out to the many young boys without a male role model in their lives. Project collaborator EL-P crafts a dense yet soulful backdrop for the emcee’s poignant rhymes. For more, check out the A-Town veteran’s R.A.P. Music LP, available in stores and online as of mid-May (and awarded a “solid” four-spin rating by our own Nathan S.).
Listen to More: Killer Mike Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!