I first heard Ready Set Go on T.I.’s latest project F**k a Mixtape and from the first note I was thoroughly impressed. Created by one of the game’s finest producers, No I.D., who uses an Indian sample to create a bouncy, Timbo inspired beat custom built for blasting through speakers, Ready Set Go finds two of Atlanta’s top dogs coming together for a combination deadlier than drinking and driving. Since the track is actually going to be featured on
Mike Bigga’s upcoming 16 in the Kitchen album, it’s only right that he’s the lyrical star here. Tip may give Mike a hook that mirrors his murderous name, but the Grind Time general’s ferocious flow steals the show with NSFW lines like, “Your style been ran thru like a freak bi**h/the pu**y club where you hanging/frequent, Ed Hardy ass ni**a with ya sequence.” I’m really digging this one, and if you are too, remember to grab Mike’s Pledge Allegiance to the Grind 3 mixtape, coming soon, to tide you over before the as yet unscheduled 16 in the Kitchen drops.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/31/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.