I first heard Ready Set Go on T.I.’s latest project F**k a Mixtape and from the first note I was thoroughly impressed. Created by one of the game’s finest producers, No I.D., who uses an Indian sample to create a bouncy, Timbo inspired beat custom built for blasting through speakers, Ready Set Go finds two of Atlanta’s top dogs coming together for a combination deadlier than drinking and driving. Since the track is actually going to be featured on
Mike Bigga’s upcoming 16 in the Kitchen album, it’s only right that he’s the lyrical star here. Tip may give Mike a hook that mirrors his murderous name, but the Grind Time general’s ferocious flow steals the show with NSFW lines like, “Your style been ran thru like a freak bi**h/the pu**y club where you hanging/frequent, Ed Hardy ass ni**a with ya sequence.” I’m really digging this one, and if you are too, remember to grab Mike’s Pledge Allegiance to the Grind 3 mixtape, coming soon, to tide you over before the as yet unscheduled 16 in the Kitchen drops.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 05/31/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)