Considering Killer Mike‘s debut collaboration with El-P dropped in May of 2012, it could be said that new single Ghetto Gospel and its official video are a little bit late. Seen from another perspective, though, they’re right on time: with nearly two years of perspective, it’s the perfect time to return to the set with fresh ears. This thought-provoking jam certainly hasn’t lost any of its shine in the interim. Mike’s strident commentary on religion, materialism in the hip-hop game and the racism plaguing the American criminal justice system still hit home with fist-pumping force. The instrumental’s tonal shifts, from a dissonant electronic verse groove to a soulful chorus sampled from the Emotions’ Best of My Love, make an equally strong impression. If you’re feeling it, why not give R.A.P. Music another spin this afternoon (or a first spin, for those who still haven’t copped it)? Additionally, fans should be sure to check out Pew Pew Pew, the latest single from Killer Mike and El-P’s self-titled debut album as Run the Jewels.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.