Though Atlanta is currently mainstream hip-hop’s biggest “industry city,” it also boasts a thriving underground scene. With the May 19th release of the Underground Atlanta Compilation, listeners worldwide will get a glimpse of this underrated but equally noteworthy side of A-Town. One cut off that album showcases the talents of three Aquemini/Purple Ribbon alumni: Killer Mike, C-Bone, and Slimm Calhoun. Before you cast judgment on Hoe’s, consider that the word isn’t being used to mean “loose woman,” but rather “thing” (as in “Superman dat hoe”). Out of computer speakers, B Don [for DMG/Legend Factory Studio South]‘s beat might sound rather boring, but, to quote Killer Mike’s manager, “You need [sub]woofers to enjoy this track.” If you’re lucky enough to have a pair hooked up to the CPU, then you’re going to LOVE this.
Listen to More: Killer Mike Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.