Though Atlanta is currently mainstream hip-hop’s biggest “industry city,” it also boasts a thriving underground scene. With the May 19th release of the Underground Atlanta Compilation, listeners worldwide will get a glimpse of this underrated but equally noteworthy side of A-Town. One cut off that album showcases the talents of three Aquemini/Purple Ribbon alumni: Killer Mike, C-Bone, and Slimm Calhoun. Before you cast judgment on Hoe’s, consider that the word isn’t being used to mean “loose woman,” but rather “thing” (as in “Superman dat hoe”). Out of computer speakers, B Don [for DMG/Legend Factory Studio South]‘s beat might sound rather boring, but, to quote Killer Mike’s manager, “You need [sub]woofers to enjoy this track.” If you’re lucky enough to have a pair hooked up to the CPU, then you’re going to LOVE this.
Listen to More: Killer Mike
Written by Burmy on 03/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.