Though Atlanta is currently mainstream hip-hop’s biggest “industry city,” it also boasts a thriving underground scene. With the May 19th release of the Underground Atlanta Compilation, listeners worldwide will get a glimpse of this underrated but equally noteworthy side of A-Town. One cut off that album showcases the talents of three Aquemini/Purple Ribbon alumni: Killer Mike, C-Bone, and Slimm Calhoun. Before you cast judgment on Hoe’s, consider that the word isn’t being used to mean “loose woman,” but rather “thing” (as in “Superman dat hoe”). Out of computer speakers, B Don [for DMG/Legend Factory Studio South]‘s beat might sound rather boring, but, to quote Killer Mike’s manager, “You need [sub]woofers to enjoy this track.” If you’re lucky enough to have a pair hooked up to the CPU, then you’re going to LOVE this.
Written by Burmy on 03/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.