Though Atlanta is currently mainstream hip-hop’s biggest “industry city,” it also boasts a thriving underground scene. With the May 19th release of the Underground Atlanta Compilation, listeners worldwide will get a glimpse of this underrated but equally noteworthy side of A-Town. One cut off that album showcases the talents of three Aquemini/Purple Ribbon alumni: Killer Mike, C-Bone, and Slimm Calhoun. Before you cast judgment on Hoe’s, consider that the word isn’t being used to mean “loose woman,” but rather “thing” (as in “Superman dat hoe”). Out of computer speakers, B Don [for DMG/Legend Factory Studio South]‘s beat might sound rather boring, but, to quote Killer Mike’s manager, “You need [sub]woofers to enjoy this track.” If you’re lucky enough to have a pair hooked up to the CPU, then you’re going to LOVE this.
Listen to More: Killer Mike
Written by Burmy on 03/4/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)