With the rate at which hip-hop artists are flipping previously-insulting words into compliments, I’m beginning to worry that we’re running out of ways to say something is bad—not bad-meaning-good a la Michael Jackson, just bad. Of course, that’s not a concern when it comes to this newly-released cut; I’m A Fool is just plain stupid—that is to say, it’s good. Currently being promoted as the lead single off Killer Mike‘s Underground Atlanta compilation album, IAF finds Mike and Grand Hustle labelmate Big Kuntry King detailing their absolutely ridiculous (as in ‘cool’) day-to-day activities over a trunk-banging beat by fellow A-towners Nard & B. While Big Kuntry’s swagger-drenched second verse is pretty terrible (that is to say, it’s fresh), the headliner’s hyperkinetic flow on the back end accounts for this record’s worst (best) moments. If this dumb (bangin’) single is any indication, the Dirty South streets can look forward to one catastrophically awful (absolutely great) listening experience when Underground Atlanta drops this summer.
Written by richard on 06/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.