With the rate at which hip-hop artists are flipping previously-insulting words into compliments, I’m beginning to worry that we’re running out of ways to say something is bad—not bad-meaning-good a la Michael Jackson, just bad. Of course, that’s not a concern when it comes to this newly-released cut; I’m A Fool is just plain stupid—that is to say, it’s good. Currently being promoted as the lead single off Killer Mike‘s Underground Atlanta compilation album, IAF finds Mike and Grand Hustle labelmate Big Kuntry King detailing their absolutely ridiculous (as in ‘cool’) day-to-day activities over a trunk-banging beat by fellow A-towners Nard & B. While Big Kuntry’s swagger-drenched second verse is pretty terrible (that is to say, it’s fresh), the headliner’s hyperkinetic flow on the back end accounts for this record’s worst (best) moments. If this dumb (bangin’) single is any indication, the Dirty South streets can look forward to one catastrophically awful (absolutely great) listening experience when Underground Atlanta drops this summer.
Written by richard on 06/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.