With the rate at which hip-hop artists are flipping previously-insulting words into compliments, I’m beginning to worry that we’re running out of ways to say something is bad—not bad-meaning-good a la Michael Jackson, just bad. Of course, that’s not a concern when it comes to this newly-released cut; I’m A Fool is just plain stupid—that is to say, it’s good. Currently being promoted as the lead single off Killer Mike‘s Underground Atlanta compilation album, IAF finds Mike and Grand Hustle labelmate Big Kuntry King detailing their absolutely ridiculous (as in ‘cool’) day-to-day activities over a trunk-banging beat by fellow A-towners Nard & B. While Big Kuntry’s swagger-drenched second verse is pretty terrible (that is to say, it’s fresh), the headliner’s hyperkinetic flow on the back end accounts for this record’s worst (best) moments. If this dumb (bangin’) single is any indication, the Dirty South streets can look forward to one catastrophically awful (absolutely great) listening experience when Underground Atlanta drops this summer.
Written by richard on 06/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.