With the rate at which hip-hop artists are flipping previously-insulting words into compliments, I’m beginning to worry that we’re running out of ways to say something is bad—not bad-meaning-good a la Michael Jackson, just bad. Of course, that’s not a concern when it comes to this newly-released cut; I’m A Fool is just plain stupid—that is to say, it’s good. Currently being promoted as the lead single off Killer Mike‘s Underground Atlanta compilation album, IAF finds Mike and Grand Hustle labelmate Big Kuntry King detailing their absolutely ridiculous (as in ‘cool’) day-to-day activities over a trunk-banging beat by fellow A-towners Nard & B. While Big Kuntry’s swagger-drenched second verse is pretty terrible (that is to say, it’s fresh), the headliner’s hyperkinetic flow on the back end accounts for this record’s worst (best) moments. If this dumb (bangin’) single is any indication, the Dirty South streets can look forward to one catastrophically awful (absolutely great) listening experience when Underground Atlanta drops this summer.
Written by richard on 06/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.