Don’t expect Killer Mike to lighten up anytime soon. As long as there is a bone to be picked and a fight to be had, he’ll keep proving why the adjective he chose to precede his name is also fitting to his demeanor. His next single, Can You Hear Me, is a bitter reproof of the circumstances that make his “grind” just so necessary. Like the first few singles off his recent album, I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind Pt. 2, Mike spends most of his breath throwing blind (but nevertheless legitimate) accusations at nobody in particular. Crown King Productions contributes an epic-sounding beat, matching his no-nonsense rhymes. It all culminates with the knockout line “we took the crack and put it in rap/ now your kids is high off that.” When it comes to Killer Mike, “just say yes”, kids.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.