Don’t expect Killer Mike to lighten up anytime soon. As long as there is a bone to be picked and a fight to be had, he’ll keep proving why the adjective he chose to precede his name is also fitting to his demeanor. His next single, Can You Hear Me, is a bitter reproof of the circumstances that make his “grind” just so necessary. Like the first few singles off his recent album, I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind Pt. 2, Mike spends most of his breath throwing blind (but nevertheless legitimate) accusations at nobody in particular. Crown King Productions contributes an epic-sounding beat, matching his no-nonsense rhymes. It all culminates with the knockout line “we took the crack and put it in rap/ now your kids is high off that.” When it comes to Killer Mike, “just say yes”, kids.
Listen to More: Killer Mike Written by Charlie E.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.