Don’t expect Killer Mike to lighten up anytime soon. As long as there is a bone to be picked and a fight to be had, he’ll keep proving why the adjective he chose to precede his name is also fitting to his demeanor. His next single, Can You Hear Me, is a bitter reproof of the circumstances that make his “grind” just so necessary. Like the first few singles off his recent album, I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind Pt. 2, Mike spends most of his breath throwing blind (but nevertheless legitimate) accusations at nobody in particular. Crown King Productions contributes an epic-sounding beat, matching his no-nonsense rhymes. It all culminates with the knockout line “we took the crack and put it in rap/ now your kids is high off that.” When it comes to Killer Mike, “just say yes”, kids.
Listen to More: Killer Mike
Written by Charlie E. on 08/13/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.