Don’t expect Killer Mike to lighten up anytime soon. As long as there is a bone to be picked and a fight to be had, he’ll keep proving why the adjective he chose to precede his name is also fitting to his demeanor. His next single, Can You Hear Me, is a bitter reproof of the circumstances that make his “grind” just so necessary. Like the first few singles off his recent album, I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind Pt. 2, Mike spends most of his breath throwing blind (but nevertheless legitimate) accusations at nobody in particular. Crown King Productions contributes an epic-sounding beat, matching his no-nonsense rhymes. It all culminates with the knockout line “we took the crack and put it in rap/ now your kids is high off that.” When it comes to Killer Mike, “just say yes”, kids.
Listen to More: Killer Mike
Written by Charlie E. on 08/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.