“Burn…this motha…f**cka…down”. To say that Killer Mike is pissed off would be an ignorant understatement. Nearly six months after revealing a snippet of the socially-conscious track, the Southern emcee has finally unveiled Burn, the first cut off his forthcoming project, PL3DGE. Producer Sweatbox’s live drums and atmospheric crowd chants lend a warm Southern air to Mike’s rhymes in this gritty assessment of modern day lower-class America. Employing a slow, deliberate flow, the Grand Hustle signee voices concerns about Obama, police brutality and the economy, to name just a few of his grievances. What Killer Mike lacks in wit & punchlines, he makes up for in honesty and realness: “she was livin’ reckless / just another ordeal a real ni**a gotta deal wit’”. This record is more of an experience than a piece of music - more likely to make you picket than to dance. Nevertheless, it’s a powerful effort by the Killer of ATL that promises to stir the emotions of all the political souls out there. PL3DGE drops (and the revolution begins) March 22.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.