“Burn…this motha…f**cka…down”. To say that Killer Mike is pissed off would be an ignorant understatement. Nearly six months after revealing a snippet of the socially-conscious track, the Southern emcee has finally unveiled Burn, the first cut off his forthcoming project, PL3DGE. Producer Sweatbox’s live drums and atmospheric crowd chants lend a warm Southern air to Mike’s rhymes in this gritty assessment of modern day lower-class America. Employing a slow, deliberate flow, the Grand Hustle signee voices concerns about Obama, police brutality and the economy, to name just a few of his grievances. What Killer Mike lacks in wit & punchlines, he makes up for in honesty and realness: “she was livin’ reckless / just another ordeal a real ni**a gotta deal wit’”. This record is more of an experience than a piece of music - more likely to make you picket than to dance. Nevertheless, it’s a powerful effort by the Killer of ATL that promises to stir the emotions of all the political souls out there. PL3DGE drops (and the revolution begins) March 22.
Written by CourtlandHH on 01/12/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.