“Burn…this motha…f**cka…down”. To say that Killer Mike is pissed off would be an ignorant understatement. Nearly six months after revealing a snippet of the socially-conscious track, the Southern emcee has finally unveiled Burn, the first cut off his forthcoming project, PL3DGE. Producer Sweatbox’s live drums and atmospheric crowd chants lend a warm Southern air to Mike’s rhymes in this gritty assessment of modern day lower-class America. Employing a slow, deliberate flow, the Grand Hustle signee voices concerns about Obama, police brutality and the economy, to name just a few of his grievances. What Killer Mike lacks in wit & punchlines, he makes up for in honesty and realness: “she was livin’ reckless / just another ordeal a real ni**a gotta deal wit’”. This record is more of an experience than a piece of music - more likely to make you picket than to dance. Nevertheless, it’s a powerful effort by the Killer of ATL that promises to stir the emotions of all the political souls out there. PL3DGE drops (and the revolution begins) March 22.
Written by CourtlandHH on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.