While watching the news last night, I was surprised that Fox News, Sarah Palin, and several others were upset that Common was going to be visiting the White House. The first thought in my head was how much they would flip if other rappers had been invited? Can you even imagine what kind of sh*t storm Fox News would brew if an educated and controversial rapper like Killer Mike was invited? Not to get on my political tip, but it’s hard to avoid it when Mike is brought up. The Morehouse graduate continues his lyrical (and controversial) reign of terror with the stand-out cut, Blind Justice, from his latest release of Bang x3. Jumping straight into action like a stunt double, Mike immediately starts destroying the competition while maintaining a deeper message, all over the DJ Toomp produced beat. With horns blaring that also somehow maintain a subtle ambiance, Mike goes thru several topics in the three minutes and forty-one seconds. While maintaining a balance of educated and fierce, the ATL native sums it all up with one line: “I read books but I’m a crook, baby, indeed.” Bang x3 dropped as a warm-up to Mike’s upcoming album, Pl3dge, due out May 17.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.