In a genre built on comparisons, Killer Mike, or Mike Bigga, whichever you may prefer, is the modern day Ice Cube. Yes, while we’re aware Cube is still around, I’m referring to Death Certificate-era Cube and not Are We There Yet Cube. Mike’s latest leak, At The Top, is the kind of chest pounding gorilla pimp talk that makes me believe that if Mike were in the Royal Wedding, he would have left the bride at the altar. Credit producer Lil C for giving Mike the sort of bouncy pulpit that elicits both head nods and “I told you so” looks from former players, looking at their now non-single friends. Never afraid to speak his mind, Killa Kill from the Ville drops rewind-worthy lines, including a not so subtle point about how the Nas and Kelis fiasco has affected his thoughts on marriage. Mike’s slickness proves he’s one of hip-hop’s most underrated and considering we’re getting a freebie in mixtape Bang x3, out May 10, before his album Pl3dge drops May 17, I’ll be shouting Grind Time Rap Gang Bang Bang Bang from the rafters.
Written by Brando on 05/1/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Back At It ft. Killer Mike" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.