There are only two sure things in life: death and Killa Kyleon putting it down for his hometown. (Avoiding taxes is easy, if you happen to be a corporate CEO or big-shot investor.) On My City, a freshly-minted street single off his forthcoming pre-album mixtape, the Southern stalwart pledges to keep rocking gold grills, rolling on chrome and engaging in other quintessentially Houstonian activities until he departs this mortal coil. Over GL Productions twinkling synths and trunk-rattling rhythm section, Kyleon is joined by a pair of prominent H-Town neighbors: Slim Thug and Kirko Bangz lend their agile flows to the record’s latter two-thirds. Whether you’re a resident of Killa’s city or simply admire it from afar, you can expect more quality street music on new street album Lean on Me, dropping June 19, as the prelude to currently-unscheduled full-length T.R.I.L.L.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Now N Later Paint ft. Paul Wall & Killa Kyleon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.