While the title “Love on a Two Way Street” might not ring a bell, I have zero doubt every one of you has heard the song in one form or another; the original ‘70s soul cut was the basis for Jay-Z’s smash-hit, Empire State of Mind. Also drawing inspiration from the classic is Booth newcomer Killa Key, who takes the legendary cut and really makes it his own. Jamla in-house producer E. Jones gives Love on a Two Way Street a hip-hop makeover, draping the sample over a chiming, wholesome beat. Killa’s delivery is commanding and crisp, but doesn’t overpower the beat; the balance comes from the touch of finesse in his flow. Love on a Two Way Street will appear on Key’s forthcoming, currently-unscheduled project, The Starting Point.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/1/13
G.D.A Music Worldwide
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.