While the title “Love on a Two Way Street” might not ring a bell, I have zero doubt every one of you has heard the song in one form or another; the original ‘70s soul cut was the basis for Jay-Z’s smash-hit, Empire State of Mind. Also drawing inspiration from the classic is Booth newcomer Killa Key, who takes the legendary cut and really makes it his own. Jamla in-house producer E. Jones gives Love on a Two Way Street a hip-hop makeover, draping the sample over a chiming, wholesome beat. Killa’s delivery is commanding and crisp, but doesn’t overpower the beat; the balance comes from the touch of finesse in his flow. Love on a Two Way Street will appear on Key’s forthcoming, currently-unscheduled project, The Starting Point.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
G.D.A Music Worldwide
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.