While the title “Love on a Two Way Street” might not ring a bell, I have zero doubt every one of you has heard the song in one form or another; the original ‘70s soul cut was the basis for Jay-Z’s smash-hit, Empire State of Mind. Also drawing inspiration from the classic is Booth newcomer Killa Key, who takes the legendary cut and really makes it his own. Jamla in-house producer E. Jones gives Love on a Two Way Street a hip-hop makeover, draping the sample over a chiming, wholesome beat. Killa’s delivery is commanding and crisp, but doesn’t overpower the beat; the balance comes from the touch of finesse in his flow. Love on a Two Way Street will appear on Key’s forthcoming, currently-unscheduled project, The Starting Point.
G.D.A Music Worldwide
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.