There are many ways of honoring the memory of the departed: praying, leaving flowers or stones by a gravestone, lighting candles at a shrine, or just fondly reminiscing about the good times. Personally, though, I’d much prefer it if my friends and loved ones skipped the solemnities and simply celebrated my life by partying and imbibing excessive amounts of liquor. Kidz in the Hall know what I’m talking about; on the latest single off their senior set, the Chi-town duo pay proper tribute to a couple late hip-hop legends: We gon’ get drunk, Pour It Up for Pimp C / If we got enough time we gon’ smoke for Biggie.” Backed by partner Double-O‘s clattering rhythm section Naledge comes with braggadociously witty, occasionally juvenile (“You’s a butthead, peepee from my bunghole”) lyrical flames. As if that weren’t enough, two Down-South heavyweights take over on the record’s latter two thirds: UGK lifer Bun B brings his outsized swag to the middle, and David Banner brings the cut home with a namedrop-packed closing 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for the latest tunes leading up to the Nov. 22 arrival of the Kidz’ fourth LP, Occasion.
Written by richard on 10/9/11
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)