What do Tabi Bonney, Currensy, Mikkey Halsted, Smoke DZA, and Curt@!ns all have in common? Aside from their own unique take on the music game, each one has been on the consistently dope Brain Candy series from Kidz In The Hall. While Playground is sadly the final installment of the weekly additions, DJ Double-O and MC Naledge bring their skills to the table once again to wrap up their impressive streak. The duo continues to enlist fresh talent for their features, this time being BJ The Chicago Kid for an inviting hook. Naledge uses his creative lyricism to captivate listeners, bud once again Double-O manages to shine with his carefully crafted production that seems like it was as enjoyable to listen to as it was to make. If you liked playing around with this, be sure to keep a lookout for their wrap-up compilation mixtape, due to hit the interweb this Thursday. As always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 05/10/11
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.