What do Tabi Bonney, Currensy, Mikkey Halsted, Smoke DZA, and Curt@!ns all have in common? Aside from their own unique take on the music game, each one has been on the consistently dope Brain Candy series from Kidz In The Hall. While Playground is sadly the final installment of the weekly additions, DJ Double-O and MC Naledge bring their skills to the table once again to wrap up their impressive streak. The duo continues to enlist fresh talent for their features, this time being BJ The Chicago Kid for an inviting hook. Naledge uses his creative lyricism to captivate listeners, bud once again Double-O manages to shine with his carefully crafted production that seems like it was as enjoyable to listen to as it was to make. If you liked playing around with this, be sure to keep a lookout for their wrap-up compilation mixtape, due to hit the interweb this Thursday. As always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 05/10/11
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.