Kidz in the Hall emcee Naledge may be a self-proclaimed brainiac, but as those who tuned in for his recent Booth-exclusive interview know, what’s on his super-powered mind is, more often than not, the female anatomy. On the second single off KITH’s forthcoming third full-length, he and DJ Double O drop a few quarters into the Jukebox, sit back, and watch as all the ladies in the spot shake what God gave them. The concept may be just what you’d expect from a club record, but the execution couldn’t be fresher. Although Naledge, as usual, excels at laid-back game-spitting, it’s Double O who steals the show, serving up a dense, hypnotically danceable blend of guitar, strings, synths, and organ. Topped off with a sample from MC Lyte’s Stop, Look, Listen (also used in Wreckx-N-Effect’s ‘92 single Rump Shaker), this jam should be a hit with female clubgoers and the men who love to ogle them. Those who like what they’re hearing can find Jukebox and much more on The Land of Make Believe, set to hit record stores and online retailers in February, 2010.
Written by richard on 09/13/09
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.