Kidz in the Hall emcee Naledge may be a self-proclaimed brainiac, but as those who tuned in for his recent Booth-exclusive interview know, what’s on his super-powered mind is, more often than not, the female anatomy. On the second single off KITH’s forthcoming third full-length, he and DJ Double O drop a few quarters into the Jukebox, sit back, and watch as all the ladies in the spot shake what God gave them. The concept may be just what you’d expect from a club record, but the execution couldn’t be fresher. Although Naledge, as usual, excels at laid-back game-spitting, it’s Double O who steals the show, serving up a dense, hypnotically danceable blend of guitar, strings, synths, and organ. Topped off with a sample from MC Lyte’s Stop, Look, Listen (also used in Wreckx-N-Effect’s ‘92 single Rump Shaker), this jam should be a hit with female clubgoers and the men who love to ogle them. Those who like what they’re hearing can find Jukebox and much more on The Land of Make Believe, set to hit record stores and online retailers in February, 2010.
Written by richard on 09/13/09
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.