Kidz in the Hall emcee Naledge may be a self-proclaimed brainiac, but as those who tuned in for his recent Booth-exclusive interview know, what’s on his super-powered mind is, more often than not, the female anatomy. On the second single off KITH’s forthcoming third full-length, he and DJ Double O drop a few quarters into the Jukebox, sit back, and watch as all the ladies in the spot shake what God gave them. The concept may be just what you’d expect from a club record, but the execution couldn’t be fresher. Although Naledge, as usual, excels at laid-back game-spitting, it’s Double O who steals the show, serving up a dense, hypnotically danceable blend of guitar, strings, synths, and organ. Topped off with a sample from MC Lyte’s Stop, Look, Listen (also used in Wreckx-N-Effect’s ‘92 single Rump Shaker), this jam should be a hit with female clubgoers and the men who love to ogle them. Those who like what they’re hearing can find Jukebox and much more on The Land of Make Believe, set to hit record stores and online retailers in February, 2010.
Written by richard on 09/13/09
Duck Down Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drivin Down The Block" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)